Saturday, February 26, 2011

Recap: Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week Fall 2011 RTW



Back to the CLASSICS.
     
     Now that the Fall 2011 Ready to Wear New York Fashion Week has finally wrapped up and I'm finally able to catch my breath from all of the amazing fashion, it's time to talk about the trends shown on the runway and of course my favorite looks.  And right now, the classics are making a huge comeback. think it's safe to say that minimalism, color-blocking, and menswear inspired looks are here to stay along with the emergence of romantic and lady-like pieces that a lot of designers are showing this season. I DIE for every single piece in the Monique Lhuillier and Marchesa show. Go figure, right? Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig along with Monique Lhuillier showed a vast array of romantic gowns blooming in rosettes, lace, tulle, and fur. There were so many Oscar worthy gowns in those collections including a couple of Oscar de la Renta, Badgley Mischka, and J. Mendel dresses -- all labels that we are accustomed to seeing on the red carpet. 


     Tailored pieces and clean lines consume the Derek Lam, Phillip Lim, Proenza Schouler, and Marc Jacobs collections. I love how they've taken the idea of minimalism, but with a twist by mixing in a lot of colorful hues, color-blocking, over the usual black, white, beige, camel, and brown backdrop. The Derek Lam collection had these beautiful powder blue wool jackets and the Marc Jacobs line featured these colorful print blouses with high-waisted camel skirts. The menswear inspired pieces this season were made to suit a woman's body with the wide-leg, high-waisted trend in trousers and belts that were shown in many collections. Also, a lot of long, full-length skirts were shown for this upcoming fall season. As for the lady-like trend, Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera, and Tory Burch embraced this classic trend with Chanel-esque petite tweed jackets and feminine tailored suit dresses. It seems as if everywhere you look, everyone was inspired by the classics this season and I'm not complaining, it's my absolute favorite. Come take a look at my favorite pieces from this Fall 2011 RTW NYFW! 


Romanticism.


Luca Luca & Christian Siriano

 Monique Lhuillier & Badgley Mischka

 Vera Wang & Marchesa

Oscar de la Renta & J. Mendel

Betsey Johnson

Minimalism, Meanswear & Lady Like pieces, and Color-Blocking


Phillip Lim & Proenza Schouler

Carolina Herrera & Marc by Marc Jacobs

Derek Lam & Tory Burch

BCBG Max Azria & Diane Von Furstenberg 

Herve' Leger & Rodarte 

L.A.M.B

Love, KB

2 comments:

  1. Sincerely i was so crushed when my wife left me and moved to Texas to be with another man. The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. I traveled to greet my friend and his family during Christmas celebration then i explained to him, how my wife has abandon me and my children for a period of time and be with another man, and my friend told me about prophet ehiagwina the great spell caster who had helped him in the past before, when i contacted him with his email via prophetehiagwina@gmail.com i explain to him, how my wife has been with another man for two year now and that's the problem am facing in my marriage now and i need to end it by killing that man who took my wife spiritually, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week he died, he slept and never woke up, and truly my wife came back apologizing that she never knew what came over her my wife apologize to me and we are happy family now. all thanks to prophet ehiagwina you can contact PROPHET EHIAGWINA for any death spell, such as killing your superior in the office and take his or her place.spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via email prophetehiagwina@gmail.com or add him on whatsapp +2348139182295

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sincerely i was so crushed when my wife left me and moved to Texas to be with another man. The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. I traveled to greet my friend and his family during Christmas celebration then i explained to him, how my wife has abandon me and my children for a period of time and be with another man, and my friend told me about prophet ehiagwina the great spell caster who had helped him in the past before, when i contacted him with his email via prophetehiagwina@gmail.com i explain to him, how my wife has been with another man for two year now and that's the problem am facing in my marriage now and i need to end it by killing that man who took my wife spiritually, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week he died, he slept and never woke up, and truly my wife came back apologizing that she never knew what came over her my wife apologize to me and we are happy family now. all thanks to prophet ehiagwina you can contact PROPHET EHIAGWINA for any death spell, such as killing your superior in the office and take his or her place.spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via email prophetehiagwina@gmail.com or add him on whatsapp +2348139182295

    ReplyDelete