Friday, February 18, 2011

Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week: Fall 2011 Review #3

Badley Mischka 
designed by Mark Badley and James Mischka
February 15, 2011
10:00 AM
Runway to Real Way
  • 43 looks in the collection 
  • Color: Fuschia, emerald green, dark violet, teal, and light pinks along with the regular neutral colors of nude, black, and gray. 
  • Fabric: Lace, boucle', and mongolian lamb. 
  • Prints & Patterns: Sequins, glitter, and ruffles. 
  • Accessories: Waist cincher bows and elbow length gloves. 
  • Theme: 30s & 40s era of glamour.













Vera Wang 
February 15, 2011
11:00 AM
  • 36 looks in the collection 
  • Color: The palette of the collection is dominated by dark and neutral colors like black, white, grey, and nude, but with little pops of color like red and olive green. 
  • Fabric: Chiffon, wool, and feathers. 
  • Prints & PatternsPleats was the collection's dominant motif. 
  • Accessories: Parkas for outerwear. 
  • Theme: Glamourous Americans of the 1930s. 







Herve' Leger 
designed by Max and Lubov Azria
February 15, 2011
2:00 PM
  • 31 looks in the collection 
  • Color: Palette dominated by black, beige, and white. 
  • Fabric: Leather, pony skin, and wool. 
  • Prints & Patterns: Rectangles and stripes in the bondage dresses. 
  • Accessories: Cutout knee boots with metallic heels. 
  • Theme: "An inimitable suit of armor."



J. Mendel 
designed by Gilles Mendel
February 15, 2011
6:00 PM
  • 30 looks in the collection 
  • Color: Dark and neutral palette of black, gray, navy blue, and nude. 
  • Fabric: Lux furs in mink and fox, silk
  • Prints & Patterns: Intarsia patterning, geometric patterns, and architecture of Jean Prouve'.
  • Accessories: Neck scarves. 
  • Theme: The inspiration of the collection comes from the tribal body art of indigenous Australians. 




Marc by Marc Jacobs 
February 15, 2011
  • 53 looks in the collection -- which included menswear looks. 
  • Color: Earthy palette of brown, bronze, orange, golden yellow, emerald green, and dark blue. 
  • Fabric: Velvet, courduroy, and silk. 
  • Prints & Patterns: Horizontal and zig zag stripes, animal print, plaid, and equestrian pattern. 
  • Accessories: Hats made by Steven Jones and fur lined booties. 
  • Theme: 40s Hollywood's Golden Age of black and white. 











Rodarte 
designed by Kate and Laura Mulleavy
February 15, 2011
  • 53 looks in the collection 
  • Color: A neutral colored collection with a pop of ruby red at the end of the collection. 
  • Fabric: Silk, leather, pony skin, wool, and mohair. 
  • Prints & Patterns: Floral embroideries and the silk gowns had a wheat field print on the hem. 
  • Accessories: Ankle grazing prairie coats. 
  • Theme: The American Plains -- Wizard of Oz-esque 










Love, KB

2 comments:

  1. Sincerely i was so crushed when my wife left me and moved to Texas to be with another man. The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. I traveled to greet my friend and his family during Christmas celebration then i explained to him, how my wife has abandon me and my children for a period of time and be with another man, and my friend told me about prophet ehiagwina the great spell caster who had helped him in the past before, when i contacted him with his email via prophetehiagwina@gmail.com i explain to him, how my wife has been with another man for two year now and that's the problem am facing in my marriage now and i need to end it by killing that man who took my wife spiritually, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week he died, he slept and never woke up, and truly my wife came back apologizing that she never knew what came over her my wife apologize to me and we are happy family now. all thanks to prophet ehiagwina you can contact PROPHET EHIAGWINA for any death spell, such as killing your superior in the office and take his or her place.spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via email prophetehiagwina@gmail.com or add him on whatsapp +2348139182295

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sincerely i was so crushed when my wife left me and moved to Texas to be with another man. The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. I traveled to greet my friend and his family during Christmas celebration then i explained to him, how my wife has abandon me and my children for a period of time and be with another man, and my friend told me about prophet ehiagwina the great spell caster who had helped him in the past before, when i contacted him with his email via prophetehiagwina@gmail.com i explain to him, how my wife has been with another man for two year now and that's the problem am facing in my marriage now and i need to end it by killing that man who took my wife spiritually, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week he died, he slept and never woke up, and truly my wife came back apologizing that she never knew what came over her my wife apologize to me and we are happy family now. all thanks to prophet ehiagwina you can contact PROPHET EHIAGWINA for any death spell, such as killing your superior in the office and take his or her place.spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via email prophetehiagwina@gmail.com or add him on whatsapp +2348139182295

    ReplyDelete