Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Importance of: Nail Polish


 
 the unexpected accessory

     If you personally knew me, you would know that my polish color changes as often as night turns into day. The moment that I start picking and chipping off the polish on my fingernails signals the time for a new color and you can only guess how often that happens. Lauren Conrad put it perfectly when she called nail polish the unexpected accessory in her book, Lauren Conrad Style. Nail polish is like the icing on the cake when it comes to dressing. And what's more is that they're relatively inexpensive! 


     The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard someone say is that 'I don't wear color.' The solution: test drive a colorful bottle of nail polish. It's a great way to slowly ease you into the wonderful realm of colors. Remember the movie Wizard of Oz starring Judy Gardland? Wasn't it so much better when she was finally in the colorful land of Oz compared to the black and white plains of Kansas? Start out with a dark navy blue hue or even a lipstick red color until you're adventurous enough for a canary yellow or mint green. 


     I try to embrace color all year round, but I must admit that once the temperature drops, I do opt for darker hues like a deep purple, burgundy, or a midnight black polish. And once spring and summer rolls around, I've tried about every color variation there is out there from blush pink to an emerald green. One fall season, I was crazy about this griege trend [a color mixed with beige] that was happening with nail polish, while one summer I was in love with this coral hue that L'Oreal makes called Ragin' Cajun. Nude and pale colors are actually still the latest trend in nail polish right now with the brand Essie leading that front. My favorite bottle is the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. It's great because it usually has a vast array of colors to choose from, but the best part about it is its flat 'perfectionist brush.' It's designed to contour to your nails so the color glides on precisely and quickly. One coat is usually what you need and it does dry pretty fast, which is great because I have this bad habit of changing my polish right before I go to bed. 


     So whatever your mood or the season may be, try out this unexpected accessory, because aside from the fact that it's much more affordable than the latest line of Manolo Blahniks, it's very easy to change and suits just about everyone! Try it if you don't love it already. 



Love, KB

5 comments:

  1. I love this post. I also think that nail polish is a great accessory & girls should start paying more attention to it. I love how you said that it's more affordable because that is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I have HUGE box filled with... nail polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sincerely i was so crushed when my wife left me and moved to Texas to be with another man. The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. I traveled to greet my friend and his family during Christmas celebration then i explained to him, how my wife has abandon me and my children for a period of time and be with another man, and my friend told me about prophet ehiagwina the great spell caster who had helped him in the past before, when i contacted him with his email via prophetehiagwina@gmail.com i explain to him, how my wife has been with another man for two year now and that's the problem am facing in my marriage now and i need to end it by killing that man who took my wife spiritually, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week he died, he slept and never woke up, and truly my wife came back apologizing that she never knew what came over her my wife apologize to me and we are happy family now. all thanks to prophet ehiagwina you can contact PROPHET EHIAGWINA for any death spell, such as killing your superior in the office and take his or her place.spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via email prophetehiagwina@gmail.com or add him on whatsapp +2348139182295

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete