Monday, February 14, 2011

2011 Grammy Awards




     I must admit that the 53rd annual Grammy Awards held in Los Angeles, California last night was sort of a let down. Total bummer.  From the actual performances to the red carpet fashion, I wasn't completely amazed and blown away -- we'll get to Lady Gaga's 'egg' entrance later. But for the fashion hits, there were definitely a few handful. 


     I loved Natasha Bedingfield's blue floral gown. The jewel embroidered bodice was just so beautifully constructed along with her retro inspired waves. And despite having to be "sewn" into her Catherine Malandrino dress, Julianna Hough looked great in this floor length gown with a plunging neckline, which she paired with Jimmy Choo shoes and Bochic jewelry. In addition, I thought that Ciara pulled this Emilio Pucci number really well. The bodice style and the extreme leg slit along with the long train definitely suited her. And in totality, I thought Jewel glowed in her pastel yellow, one-shoulder Pamella Roland gown [despite being 5 months pregnant!] and the intricate details of Florence Welch's haute couture Givenchy gown and Katy Perry's revealing Giorgio Armani number definitely suited their eccentric personalities and their music genre! I loved how Katy Perry wore cupid wings in honor of Valentine's Day. 


     The biggest surprise for me tonight was how gorgeous the E! correspondents Giuliana Rancic and Kelly Osbourne looked while doing interviews on the red carpet. Giuliana's first outfit was this one-shoulder Randi Rahm mini which she wore with Jimmy Choo peep toe pumps and Neil Lane diamonds. As equally beautiful was Kelly Osbourne in a lavender, ruffled infused, one-shoulder Tadashi Shoji dress with Alexander McQueen shoes! [Mmmm.. shimmery]


     As for Lady Gaga -- there are hardly words. Her music, her fashion, everything about her is a movement. There's no use in questioning it or trying to make sense of it. It's not like this is the first provocative or shocking thing she's ever done on the red carpet, remember the meat dress in last year's MTV Video Music Awards?! I say, just embrace it! Everything that she wears and does has a purpose and passion behind it, so I get it. And to be honest, her stage performance costume, which was Mugler as designed by Nicola Formichetti, was probably the most tame that I've seen her on stage. So just embrace it you little monsters and enjoy these red carpet images from the 2011 Grammy Awards! 


Natasha Bedingfield 




Julianne Hough


Catherine Malandrino


Ciara

Emilio Pucci


Jewel

Pamella Roland

Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine


Givenchy Haute Couture


Katy Perry

Armani Prive'



E! Correspondents: Giuliana Rancic & Kelly Osbourne

Randi Rahm

Tadashi Shoji

Lady Gaga


Lady Gaga in her "embryonic egg" before her performance
Lady Gaga in Mugler by Nicola Formichetti

Love, KB



3 comments:

  1. Love Katy's dress, complex as usual! and yea Lady Gaga's appearance was as cuckoo as ever! loved!
    Good work! keep up the posts!

    xo,
    couture101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sincerely i was so crushed when my wife left me and moved to Texas to be with another man. The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. I traveled to greet my friend and his family during Christmas celebration then i explained to him, how my wife has abandon me and my children for a period of time and be with another man, and my friend told me about prophet ehiagwina the great spell caster who had helped him in the past before, when i contacted him with his email via prophetehiagwina@gmail.com i explain to him, how my wife has been with another man for two year now and that's the problem am facing in my marriage now and i need to end it by killing that man who took my wife spiritually, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week he died, he slept and never woke up, and truly my wife came back apologizing that she never knew what came over her my wife apologize to me and we are happy family now. all thanks to prophet ehiagwina you can contact PROPHET EHIAGWINA for any death spell, such as killing your superior in the office and take his or her place.spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via email prophetehiagwina@gmail.com or add him on whatsapp +2348139182295

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, he never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing him, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, he slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him nowvia Email droselumen@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852

    ReplyDelete